New residences, additions and renovations specialising in energy efficient designs
- 3D rendering
- Shop drawing
- Event site planning
Local Tamborine Mountain resident covering all surrounding areas including the Gold Coast, Tamborine Village, Canungra, Logan, Beaudesert. HIA Greensmart accredited, energy efficient designs covering insulation, glazing, lighting, passive ventilation and water conservation.
Wide experience with household wastewater, sewerage treatment plants and rainwater tanks.
Call us now: 0405285341 (Ian) | 0414 807 265 (Adam)
In association with my son Adam and our consultants, we are CAMERON DESIGN LOGIC (CDL).
CDL is a small business, but because we are small we can achieve greater customer satisfaction on larger projects. Our asset is that we can offer more personal contact with a diverse range of capabilities from residential house design through to theatrical set concept. We aim to work with the client to achieve their end aim, not ours. We have a small group of trusted associates help us achieve that end aim, but at the end of the day we make sure we are available to the client when they want us.
Subsequent to meeting with yourselves we will discuss the requirements of the design including such areas as:
- Low set / high set
- Slab on ground / steel post / blockwork sub-floor
- Floor coverings e.g.timber, carpet, tile or timber decking (external)
- Frame – timber, steel, brick veneer etc.
- External cladding
- Roof cladding
- Location of rainwater tanks and on site sewerage disposal
To proceed further we would require a copy of any covenants that exist for the block, including site coverage limitations and setback limitations. If you are in possession of a contour survey and registered plan of the property, a copy of this would be helpful to us with the design process.
Plan drafting the Proposed Residence
Our intention would be to develop an initial set of plans to present to the Town Planner in order to obtain development approval if necessary. Once this has been granted, we would turn our attention to the working drawings which the builder will need to estimate from and which will be required to submit to a Certifier and local Council. These would include (but not restricted to) the following:
- If your property is identified in a potential flood area, it is important to understand the possible impacts (i.e. frequency of a flood event and depth) on the property during extreme weather events.
- Site Plan
- Floor Plan Dn
- Floor Plan Up (if applicable)
- Elevations (all sides)
- Isometric views and exploded (roof off) view
- Sections as necessary
- Footing / Slab set out plan
- Roof and Floor Frame Detail
- Detail / Timber Schedule / Tie Down Info
- Electrical wiring plan ( power and lighting)
Our approach would be to develop a set of rudimentary plans to submit to the town planner for development approval whilst waiting for DA approval before working on the technical plans required by the certifier (of your choice) and the builders to tender from. In this way we would avoid expensive re-drafts if changes are necessary to comply with the town planner’s rulings.
There are areas necessary to cover for not only the builder, but also the certifier to be able to comply with state laws. We would recommend our trusted associates in these areas, but final prices will come from the suppliers themselves. You are welcome to source the following items independently or directly with our associates.
- Footings Soil Test – to assist the engineer in determining the footing depth and to comply with council directive.
- Permeability Soils Test - to determine the suitability of the soil for either above ground or below ground disposal of treated effluent from the Household Sewerage treatment Plant (HSTP) if applicable.
- Engineer’s Certification to footings, slabs, and all structural members of the proposed dwelling including post-tensioned design.
- Energy Efficiency Report – to determine the relationship of the windows in relation to the floor area of the rooms and to also take into account the insulation in roof and walls.
- Hydraulic Design to Household Sewerage Treatment Plant (HSTP).
- Contour survey of immediate area surrounding the proposed residence.
It is important to understand that our estimates are given without a full understanding of the concept, which will develop as the design progresses. In comparison to an architect who would generally charge a percentage of the cost of a finished residence, we (as registered building designers) give a firm estimate of our costs at the outset, based on prior experience and the knowledge at hand on the project design.
Should extensive re-drafts or a complete re-design be needed (in the case of a complete re-design) we would need to re-negotiate the final price, however this is generally not necessary.
It is essential to understand that there are items outside the scope of our estimate.
- Engineering design and certification
- Bushfire hazard report
- Geological stability report
- Ecological corridor report
- Hydraulic design (plumbing and drainage)
- Town planning costs